We can see the snowblower down in the valley, about half a mile away. He should be up to us in bout an hour, and then another two hours from us up to the road. I am hoping against hope to get to the last meet of the season with Radar, but the road may still be too slippery even if the snow banks are gone. We'll see.
Meanwhile, Woody gets a reprieve, of course, which he is blissfully unaware of. He is very much being ignored by the other two, it is now almost as if he is invisible half the time. I had worried that the delay, if he continued to behave calmly, would make me doubt what I had planned to do. But it seems to have gone the other way. I have written out a complete analysis of the situation for myself, so that I can look at it in future when I get moments of guilt, as I'm sure that I will, about having a healthy horse put down.
It is still very cold and the wind is bitter, but much less strong than yesterday. Tomorrow I will force myself to ride Radar to get some exercise into him for the first time in a week. Ace can wait until we will not be freezing our noses off before he gets ridden again.
C
Hope you are rescued by now. Those pictures were pretty amazing of how deep the snow was.
ReplyDeleteI suppose bounding through the drifts on a hunt might actually be fun, but do take care with the driving. No sense in risking life and limb to get there.
As for Woody...heartbreaking in the decision, but a well thought out one. He is just plain dangerous.
The hunt is down on the plain and mostly snow free Jean, we are 1100 feet up here.
DeleteC
Are you stuck at your house?
ReplyDeleteWe can get out in our pickup ML, but only by driving over 400 yards of extremely bumpy fields and opening gates that the farmers never put on their hinges but tie up with baling twine!
DeleteC