Last night was the coldest night of the whole winter. Minus seven with a howling easterly wind. It has been an extremely cold day too, minus three or four with a severe wind chill and snow flurries. Has no-one told the weather gods that it is supposed to be SPRING now??
I did make myself ride Radar up to a friend's house otherwise he would have had no exercise for a fourth day in a row. The sun was shining as I went to tack up, but no sooner had I put my foot in the stirrup than a snowstorm blew up and I was perishing cold by the time I got there 30 minutes later. Luckily I had a better journey home and it was only freezing and not actually snowing.
The forecast for the rest of the week is not much better, so we won't be going to any dressage competitions in the next few days!
C.
Good heavens indeed! Warm here, in the upper 40's-low 50'sF. Maybe this weather front is headed your way. We did have a miserable, snowy, wet, last week due to a nor'easter (coastal storm). Maybe the remnants of that are hitting you guys?
ReplyDeleteWish I could help out. I know how frustrated you and the boys must be.
Still minus six at ten o'clock this morning. I really must make myself go outside in it soon, the boys need breakfast! They are out though, so they can pick grass.
DeleteC
Well done. I was out lambing at 4am, temp said minus 3, but felt like minus 15 - everything hurt. Poor little lambs popping out in that chill :(
ReplyDeleteRode in an indoor arena yesterday morning, but without that option, its just too darn cold for my fingers!!!