Friday, 15 March 2013

In the deep mid-winter!

Snowing and laying last night. Raining and two degrees today, horses huddled inside when I went out to feed them. Dear me, winter seems to be far from over in spite of it being mid March. I can't face riding in the wind and rain, sorry boys.

I hope to get Woody out to do a dressage test tomorrow but I'm not making my mind up until I see the weather. The forecast is better than today  but that isn't saying much!

I am still working out what to do with him. He is such a cute boy, now that I have pretty much forgotten about the hunting let-down. He would certainly be easier to rehome after having him sound for a year. I guess I'm just going to wait and see what happens.

C.


ps just had to do something to cheer myself up! Meet Skratch and Snyph - very nervous from having only just arrived, I hope Snyph doesn't always dribble that much :-) !!!  They are females, 11 weeks old and very tiny. Smidjun has left the house in a sulk. Last time it was six months before he settled, poor boy. This time we have put them in a giant dog cage so that we can mix them slowly.



6 comments:

  1. You still aren't sure if Woody would jump a nice cross country round by himself, are you? Can't remember if you did a farm ride. Combined tests can be fun and he might be the horse for it. My PJ was fine in individual jumping situations, but not with a big group out together.

    Weather here has turned cold again. Spring teased us for a few days and then left. I heard England was getting air from Syberia. Don't know if that's true, but it would explain a lot.

    I too am pining for Spring. Easter outfit will be layered with long underwear at this rate. *G*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure he jumps alone Jean, he really loves it and his previous owner showumped him. Check back in a mo, I have some pictures to add to my post :-) I have cheered up the ghastly spring a little with a birthday present to myself ......

      C

      Delete
  2. Love the birthday pressie, they're cuties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? The pictures don't do them any justice, they are so wee and so cute.

      C

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! Kitties! I love kitties.

    Calico and Tabby a perfect pair. Smidjin will get over it pretty quickly. Only one of my adult cats still has "nose out of joint" attitude about the kittens. The others are, "Yeah, big deal."

    Nice that you got two at once, however. They will play with each other and keep themselves company. Please give them a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We call calico "tortoiseshell" Jean :-)

    It was lucky, I wanted two from the same litter in colours we have never had before and this pair were having to be rehomed by a young couple who were selling their house.

    I planned it so that they will bother each other and not Smidjun, as he was so bad with Sprout he ripped her ear in half!

    They are in an enormous cage tonight, I hope to let them out tomorrow.

    C.

    ReplyDelete