I would decide based on what you think your plans would be for him, in your herd. If I ever got another horse (doubtful at this point) I would look for something with ID in it.
Well now, that is far from Buttie size. He's cute in a rugged sort of way.
As ML said, it all depends on your plans. You'll have at least a year or more before you could do any serious riding, so he would be kind of a pasture pal for the time being.
He's an endangered breed, and I have long fancied a Clydesdale. Believe it or not they can really move and eventually I would want to have a laugh doing dressage on him. The back patterns are dire of course, but he's cheap.
The big drawback is I'd have to buy unseen, she won't deliver even half way, and wants payment on pick up by the failure. That puts all the risk on me, so it's a no go.
Ha love the face on that
ReplyDeleteIsn't he a little bigger than Buttie :-) ?
ReplyDeleteI would decide based on what you think your plans would be for him, in your herd. If I ever got another horse (doubtful at this point) I would look for something with ID in it.
Well now, that is far from Buttie size. He's cute in a rugged sort of way.
ReplyDeleteAs ML said, it all depends on your plans. You'll have at least a year or more before you could do any serious riding, so he would be kind of a pasture pal for the time being.
He's an endangered breed, and I have long fancied a Clydesdale. Believe it or not they can really move and eventually I would want to have a laugh doing dressage on him. The back patterns are dire of course, but he's cheap.
ReplyDeleteThe big drawback is I'd have to buy unseen, she won't deliver even half way, and wants payment on pick up by the failure. That puts all the risk on me, so it's a no go.
C
Failure? CARRIER!!!!
ReplyDeletePatterns? PASTERNS!!!
ReplyDeleteAutocorrect, I'm tired of your shirt.
ReplyDelete;)
Buying unseen with those pasterns? I think your no-go decision is a wise one...
ReplyDeleteDire, aren't they :-) ? You really wouldn't risk him as much more than a pet, would you?
ReplyDeleteI just love his colouring!
C