Thursday, 12 September 2013

Asonishing progress

I have been able to remove more staples today because the wounds are fully healed and the scabs are peeling off. So I have taken out a couple more edge opnes where the scab has already gone, leaving a smooth dark hairless line in its place. There are only the tiniest of rises at the actual wounds, no bumps and nothing to tell how serious what was done to him was. He's certainly a quick healer wound wise.

We've had a lovely walk. I've lost more than a pound so far :-)  We are now out for over half an hour, up and down one very serious hill as well. He doesn't appear to be concerned by it at all. If it was flat and if he did not get to walk around all day in the barn, I would be walking him further, but I think what we are doing is plenty. I'm especially pleased with the therapeutic value of walking him up the one in four hill to home. He puts his head right down, and stretches his back out to maximum length. That has to be good for hte end result that we want, of those spinal processes moving apart, doesn't it?

I've also had a lovely hack out on Radar. He worried me to start with hanging back towards home, which is so unlike him. Then I sent him on into trot and from then on there was no stopping him, until we got to a new herd of cows. He has never liked cows, I've no idea why, and he was ogling them in case they ate him.

I think we are all set, if the weather is not too wet, for the hunt on Saturday.

C

4 comments:

  1. The news continues to be exciting. It is amazing to hear how fast he is healing, but I suspect that is one of the major benefits of that surgical procedure--small incision and actually minimal invasion. What a brilliant procedure.

    Sounds as if Radar was worrying a bit about Ace. But once he got his true Radar engaged, he was ready to go. Hope the weather holds for the hunt!

    I plan on doing a hunter pace on Sunday. Probably no jumps and I will be riding someone else's horse. But it will be fun, regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that what we'd call a fun ride, Jean?

    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good, am so pleased for you so far. You live in the ideal place for the rehab
    Lyndac

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope so! Either that or it'll break him.

    C

    ReplyDelete