Campero! He was rock crunching, fit, happy and jumped everything. He is looking absolutely wonderful.
We had a fun time, though without Campo there it would have been a bit of a dull day. We had plenty of canters, but no gallops; plenty of jumps, but no hedges and nothing over 2 ft high; loads of road work, tons of mud, and a bit of rain.
But it was just so good to be out. SH spent an hour this morning clearing snow, laying salt and driving the pickup up and down the road outside to make sure we could get up the hill to the main road.
I do hope we manage to get out Boxing Day, because that's a hedge meet. But today was a LOT better than nothing!
C
Incredible and wonderful!!!! To think, Campero was just that far away from the end due to his lameness. You did a magnificent job bringing him around and apparently his new owners have been diligent and responsible in keeping him that way.
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is, "WOW!" and what a wonderful day it must have been for you, even without the hedges!
Wow, how rewarding to see Campero happy on his feet, confident and out competing! You must feel warm and fuzzy inside.
ReplyDeleteI love that about horses, getting us outside, so good for us and them. Cantering around a course sounds like great fun, even if there were no hedges. Mud doesn't sound so good though.
Mud like this you mean ML :-) ????
ReplyDeletehttp://www.photoboxgallery.com/aljohnstonphotography/photo?photo_id=3270412368&vendor_id=3026691
loads of photos of Campo in that lot too.
C
It was fun to see him so well and know I saved his life Jean :-)
ReplyDeleteC
Fabulous news, was he the one with the neck plait? What a result, I bet he never did that before you had him!!
ReplyDeleteYes, he has a running plait because his mane is down to the top of his foreleg! I think it was his first time hunting, he was a good boy. I think he is out again on New Year's Day.
ReplyDeleteC.
Thought so, I'm over the moon for him, onwards and upwards :-)
ReplyDelete