Friday, 2 September 2011

Panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Three horses cam ein this eveing. No Buttie. I searched the field. No Buttie. I called and shouted. No Buttie. Finally I went in to fetch SH to scour the field with me. He found him, lying dead to the world, in a deep, deep sleep. He woke with a start, jumped to his feet and ran like the wind away from him, which was when I saw him. With considerable relief I must say, I really did think by then that he had either been stolen or was lying dead in the long grass.

And why didn't any of us think of this, eh??? Slow were we, or what??? I was asking SH if I can use the situpon lawnmower to tow an arena grader, and he said I could, but then added "why can't Buttie do it?" What a GREAT idea! I have wanted a job for him for a year now, and he will just love being useful. I've bought him an incredibly cheap harness (£52 including delivery, leather) Heaven only knows what appalling quality it will be, but it will do to start him off in. What fun, eh?

And on top of that, a great weather forecast for the opening meet. See you after that!

C

4 comments:

  1. My heart jumped too - thank goodness he's ok. And what a fun idea - teach him to drag the arena. I think horses (well ponies too) love a job to do. We have great weather too - finally the temps are falling and we can enjoy being outside most of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I panicked too reading that and my heart did stop when I got to: "found him lying dead....alseep."

    Don't do that to me!!!!

    What a super idea to train Buttie to be a work horse. I am 100% certain he will be as pround as anything to have a real job! We must have pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the opening meet goes well.

    Great idea about Buttie... funnily enough my OH suggested the other day that once Leo was old enough he could tow the chain harrow.

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, sorry, I did write it for impact :-)

    Opening meet was FAB. All safe and sound. Didn't mean to jump hedges but got caught with no way round one, and then thought I might as well carry on with some others :-))))

    Off for a bath!

    C

    ReplyDelete