My man was nearly a day late arriving, but after only two and a half hours he'd already stripped off all the old surface and lowered the height of a 5m wide strip by two feet, like this:
The guy works like a maniac! He didn't stop until sundown and he'll be working again by seven tomorrow morning. The aggregate is coming at 7am on Monday, so he's confident that all the earthworks will be done by then. At that rate it'll be finished before I go on holiday.
He is living on site in his motorhome. I have just delivered him a takeaway curry and a ten-pack of Fosters which should help things along :-)
How exciting!
C.
Nothing like a good worker!! And nothing like knowing that treating a good worker with respect and genuine appreciation beyond money makes a huge difference.
ReplyDeleteThis is indeed exciting!
I am so excited by this Jean, that I feel about ten years old! Not only will the surface be superb to school Ace and Jazz on, but it will big enough to gallop Radar on and keep Buttie fit with his little chariot that OH is making for him too.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait until I see how Ace reacts to having a firm fibre surface to school on. And to see how easy it will be to get medium trot with Jazz when I can ask for it on all four sides and rebalance on every corner. I am going to make it a "new beginning" for the "new Jazz" that we saw emerging this year.
C
What's happening to your pea gravel school surface, out of curiousity?
ReplyDeleteI am trying to give it away but it is difficult with timing and people need transport as well, which is expensive. It's "worth" a couple of thousand pounds, in theory.
ReplyDeleteC