Best ever medium test Jazz has ever done by a large margin. Our favourite judge hated it! I put right all the things we were marked down on last time, got all the half passes and the shoulder-ins, so this time she marked us down a point on each movement for his open/unsteady mouth. Which was no different from last time. So he scored 53% but its irrelevent, I have the video and I can see how good he was.
The injections have definitely worked - this is about twice as much bend as he normally has in his hocks, and he is lifting his front end so it looks higher than the back, when he is actually pretty level stood still. He didn't hop either, so it was an unqualified success, I just hope that they don't need repeating too soon.
I'm just of outside now to test a borrowed Pee Wee bit on Radar. I rode Ace this morning and he was tetchy but we're all entitled to an off day, aren't we. Perhaps he was out too late at a party last night. I did Campo's feet last night but more of that later.
ps Pee Wee bit? He Pee Wee'd off in it! If there had been 30 other horses with me, we'd have been in Norfolk by now :-)
C


Lovely photos of Jazz, silly judge do you think you will get to compete under someone else soon?
ReplyDeleteI would love to hear how Radar went in the pee wee bit, that is unless he hated it and you are still out there somewhere trying to stop.......
I've done an update while you were posting Tracey!
ReplyDeleteI survived (but I got off and walked home!)
C
She's the judge again in 2 weeks. She likes Ace, perhaps I'll take him. We're busy next week so we can't go. I serously think she is trying to get it through to me that we shouldn't be doing medium by reducing our score every time! I've just watched the test again and it's MASSES better than the last time. I really enjoyed riding it - she gave me a 5 :-)
ReplyDeleteC
Ooops, was that on maximum strength setting as well?
ReplyDeleteBl**dy judges, its all so personal and sometimes they're on an "off" day I reckon. My last test was all 7s and 8s except one 4 when the horse changed behind in canter twice. So how come she gives me 6 for my riding, 6 for the horse's paces, 4 for impulsion and 4 for submission.......I thought these last 4 marks were supposed to be a reflection of the whole test, not a gripe at a mistake in one movement. I showed it to my instructor who is a listed judge and she wasn't happy with it at all.(rant over).
ReplyDeleteWell done, you know he was better and I'm so pleased that the injections have made such a difference for him.
Can't wait to hear about Campo, I hope he's still floating beautifully.
Eeek with the Radar - pee wee moment!
Yes, he just ignored it! He would have split his mouth down to the bone on it if we'd been in company.
ReplyDeleteIncredible scoring Tracey B, as you say. Campo is very well but I blunted my rasp just putting on a bit of mustang roll on his toes! Nothing else needed doing and he has a whole centimetre of hoof wall and rock hard feet.
Been working today but I made myself take Radar out earlier so he's fit to hunt Saturday. It was a lovely evening.
C
Ah, lovely news on Campo's toes, fabulous when they self maintain like that. Sound like Iberian feet should be now, ain't it great? Superb.
ReplyDeleteMy dressage divadom may be developing, my mare has been complaining about her saddle, the only saddle that fit her was an uber expensive dressage saddle, put it on, hopped on and found another horse underneath me, lifted back instantly, engaged, forward going.......made me feel very guilty. Now I have to get over the shock of the price tag, and get and order it!!
Ooooh, well into four figures there then Tracey! Get your rasp out and get on the road to earn the money :-)
ReplyDeleteCampo's Spanish feet are really wrokmanlike now!!
C
My old gelding did that to me. Only saddle that fit was a $4750 custom Ridgemount. He was instantly a different horse. Round, engaged, beautiful contact and absolutely relaxed. My coach was floored at the change.
ReplyDeleteThe horse cost $500 to purchase...
He loved his new saddle