Yesterday went by in a bit of a blur. Clockwork Hubby actually wanted to go out for lunch!!! It completely knackered him of course but he was so happy to be out of that little hospital room, it was touching :-) His heart rythmn was not steady yesterday, which worried me, but it has been absolutely spot on for the last 12 hours, so it's settling down.
We had a difficult day today as the lorry was due at the MOT testing station at 8.30, and he was due at the anticoagulation clinic at 10.45 and he can't be left alone for long. In the end he took a taxi to the coag clinic early (so he would be in a safe place - a hosptial!!) and I drove the lorry to the testing station. I had arranged for our tame mechanic to drive the lorry through the actual test for me. If it fails on something minor like a bulb, they will let you change it on the spot, but I couldn't have done that.
I was so glad that Matt was there, because completely unexpectedly, it failed on a side runner. The regulations have changed in the last year and it failed because our steps stuck out ONE INCH from the runner that stops cars sliding under the body in an accident. Matt was brilliant. He drove me home, he went back and fetched the lorry and took it to his place, he fixed a one inch thick bar to the top of the other one with bolts, took it back to the testing station and had it retested and then came and fetched me. And after all that, he tried to refuse the money I gave him!
I haven't ridden for days. I could have done today but by the afternoon I wasn't in the right mindset. I plan to ride Jazz and Ace tomorrow morning, all being well.
C
One more day down thus one day closer to normalcy. I would be anxious too regarding unsteady heart rhythm but thank goodness it has settled down. When Dave had his PE episode he had to go in several times to the clinic. He was impressed with how closely they monitor your levels and adjust your meds.
ReplyDeleteAnd the lorry is good for, I assume, another year so that's out of the way.
Tomorrow will be better.
Well, things should settle down in a few days, I hope. Sounds a bit complicated for now, but with someone like Matt to lend a hand, it all worked out.
ReplyDeleteI am hopeful too that Allan's heart will settle down too. It probably needs to adjust to its new blood flow. Again, seems that you have good doctors to keep an eye on things.
The horses will be fine. Some time off never seems to bother mine. And your guys are well along in their training, so that a few days will actually give them some time to think about their lessons...especially Ace.
Well you got the lorry out of the way - lucky you to have such a nice chap who was able to deal with things and not make a fuss.
ReplyDeleteAs for Alan, I am not surprised he wanted to be out and about, but it will only be when he gets better that he will realise how ill he was. Any general anathestic takes time to get over, so you will have to have your best nurse's manner in place to stop him doing too much.
Good luck.
Yes, another year unti we have to worry aboutthe lorry again. "Only" £132 for a lorry MOT !
ReplyDeleteMatt was marvellous Jean, and fancy not wanting to be paid!!
I don't think I have much chance of controlling SH Judith - h e has as much of a mind of his own as me! It took some forceful words to get him to admit taht his heart rythmn was not regular, he just did not want to hear it - as if he can miss it, it's ticking in his head all the time!!
We are off out for lunch again now. Ace was interesting this morning, I'll post later.
C
Well it's ticking in his chest of course, but he hears it in his head :-)
ReplyDeleteC