Ace has walked, trotted and cantered today. He still kicked out in trot, but went forward quite easily in comparison to yesterday. The canter was no trouble at all, thank goodness. So we are back on track, I think, after the disaster of the physio.
Radar schooled brilliantly until our last canter, when he decided to throw himself around instead of doing a nice transition.I played around with holding him up, letting him go, shoulder in, travers, pushing him on and finally he gave in and did a couple of really nice left walk to canter transitions with some quiet walk in between, so we stopped.
It was lovely having a summer's day!
C.
Good news about Ace. A few more days and he should be A-OK.
ReplyDeleteAs for Radar, I wonder if he gets a bit tired at the end, there? Those are all new muscle groups he's working and that last little bit of "silly" might just be his struggling a little. Well done to ride through it, though as the only way to build new muscle is through fatigue. Sounds as if you did exactly the right amount after the "mess" to fix it and then quit at the perfect moment. Good going.
I expect to keep hearing positive posts about both Boys. You are on a roll!!
It was excitement mainly Jean, at being allowed to canter. He used to be this way every time I went up a pace, but he has improved so much.
ReplyDeleteC