Jazz worked well yesterday evening. I could feel his left hock "clunk" for the first five minutes, even though he was not lame. It was a bit like a gate that needs a bit of oil on the hinge :-) I got him emergency MSM from Holland and Barrett because the eBay supplier I have ordered a kilo from is on holiday. For only a little less than the kilo from eBay, I got 227grams from H&B :-( Still, it'll keep me going until the other arrives, and he needs it.
He did some lovely lengthening, had a good try at half pass left in trot, and a whole series of super flying changes. I took him down the road just now and he was stiff in a trot on the flat, and stilted going down the hill. If the MSM does not improve him, I will have the injections done. He's booked in on August 8th anyway, which I will cancel if I feel he does not need it.
On a good note, he coped very well with the extremely stoney path which he could not manage a month ago, so the Naf haylage balancer and Charcoal appear to be doing something.
Ace had a hack today as well, and behaved very well. For the first time in weeks there was no chipping of his front feet. One back one chipped, but not in the same way as it has before, it was the edge of a slight crack that came off. His back feet are still lagging behind the front ones (well where else would they be ? :-) but I am hoping that they will get stronger soon. He has a muzzle on tonight because there is lots of water in the ground and we had sunshine all this afternoon. His pulses, though, were lower tonight than they have been for many weeks.
Tomorrow Jazz and I are going to play at a friend's place and Wednesday Ace is competing - TWO tests!
C
Oh boy! Two tests for Ace! That should be fun.
ReplyDeleteJazz doesn't sound too bad, but I suspect the injections will come. You are very sensitive to slight soundness issues and will probably want to do something about it.
I won't let him be in pain, Jean, that's for sure. But read today's blog!
ReplyDeleteC