If he hadn't had a numpty on his back who froze when he broke in medium trot, which is right at the start of the test, and taken the next minute to sort herself out again, by which time she had an error of course, then he would have got more than one. But one is enough - our first every affiliated point!! It only took five years to get there.
He'd have got another point in his second test too, except for another error of course. To be fair I entered at the last moment and had only 25 minutes to learn a very complicated test (E49), but I'm still a numbskull!
I am so pleased with him. He listened, he stayed soft, he was obedient and for the first time, none of our comments are about submission, but all about the quality of the work. All my work over the winter correcting what went wrong last summer has paid off, and his paces are better this year than they have ever been.
I'm going to go medium now. He does better the more things there are to think about and I get my kicks from more difficult stuff like half pass. I can improve the elementary movements at the same time as training for medium, we are already doing medium and some advanced medium at home.
Ace's first outing next.
C
ps thanks for all your comments, I am reading them and love getting them. It just takes snailband too long to answer them.
Just read yesterday's post, having been out of the house for two days because of floor refinishing. My adrenaline surged reading about the lost angiograms and just the sheer seriousness of it all. His operation can't be too soon.
ReplyDeleteGreat to read about that first point! It sounds like Jazz is a horse that does better at the more advanced levels. Progress is so satisfying - not only that one is doing better but that the methods employed are working.
Thinking of you and Allan.
Congratulations!!! That is a major accomplishment. And don't beat yourself up with the errors. With all you have on your mind, things like that are expected. Next time, you will be able to prepare your brain better, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteWhat a good boy Jazz was. He is finally growing up! And you should be more than proud of yourself with all the excellent training you have put into him. He was not the easiest horse to work and look how far you have come!
Still thinking of Allan...wishing you well. Bet the success put a smile on his face too!
Yea! points. Nice one
ReplyDeleteWell done you, I wouldnt worry about your loss of concentration, you have enough on your mind lass!!
ReplyDeleteI think this will be the first of many points for you and your two boys :0)
It's funny you can get very bogged down with simple tests when really if your horse finds it difficult to concentrate then a complicated test is so much better. However the general opinion is you need to be riding a good simple test before you can move on!! Horses for courses isnt it lol
Whew, broadband is back at last.
ReplyDeleteJazz is certainly having very differently this year than he ever has before. Anee he's always been better if you keep him "busy" in a test but there is more going on than that this season.
I'm going to start working on Medium 64 for the end of March.
meanwhile, I must go and ride Ace now the sun has come out.
C
Fantastic, well done Dressage Diva. How exciting. Hugs to you and Allan, thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteT