I'm not sure things can get any worse. BT have now admitted that they have eight households with no landline or broadband following accidental (negligent!) severing of the line by a pole replacement team. They cannot tell us when we might be likely to get a line back, and we have already been off eight days.
We do not have a consistent mobile signal here, particulary when the sun shines as the atmospheric conditions will not allow the signal to spread. So while we are on tenterhooks for information about Allan's heart op, we are not in constant contact.
To cap it all, after hassling for nearly three weeks, we have found out that the NHS and the private practice have between them somewhere lost Allan's angiogram records.
So we still have no idea when he will have his operation, which if he survives it will result in complete turmoil in our lives for at least six weeks until he begins to recover. Meanwhile, he lives with increasingly bad symptoms with a condition that results in quiet sudden death with no warning.
You couldn't make it up. I am in despair.
In a bid to take my mind off things I am competing Jazz tomorrow in an Elementary and I'll try and post, signal strength willing, to let you know how it went.
C
The heck with the broadband, except that is seems your solid phone service is out....the big deal is Allan! Does it usually take this long to get a vital surgery like this set up? How worrying.
ReplyDeleteI am saying prayers for you and sending all the good wishes I can your way.....love.....love....and more love.....
Oh flip you must be beside yourselves with the stress and worry:-/
ReplyDeleteSurely BT could take some sort of tempory action in your case considering the circumstances?
Everything crossed the op is over and done with soon and Allan makes a speedy recovery.xx
Horrible situation to be in...I hope Allan's op comes soon and his recovery is quick.
ReplyDeleteDon't even get me started on the NHS and lack of ability to pass on information.........!!!!
Oh dear your having a rough time on top of an already incredibly difficult time. Try to keep your chin up I cant imagine how you must feel.
ReplyDeleteCan BT not set up some sort of emergency line for you there must be something they can do in these circumstances.
Take care for now
Anne
What a horrible time for you.
ReplyDeleteSending good wishes & phone-line fixing & operation-date getting vibes your way